Braving the Wilderness - WEDNESDAYS 6:30pm starting April 25th - TELECONFERENCE
6 week Mastermind (group study )
Starting April 25th for 6 weeks
Wednesday 6:30pm - 8:00pm via teleconference
Brené Brown’s has written several best sellers based in research on courage, vulnerability, shame, and empathy. I am a huge fan of her work and how she encourages us to be courageous, authentic and kind, in pursuit of wholehearted living. Braving the Wilderness is a book on cultivating community and the power of belonging in the midst of an era of disconnection. The discussions are a bit edgy and so very relevant. It addresses our current age of increased polarization behaviors in our culture and how to bravely find our place with integrity, in the midst of so much division and negativity. It is a practical guide to achieving a healthy sense of interconnections within one’s culture and community. We will be discussion how these principles apply at home, at work and in our social circles. We will NOT be spending time in discussion on political agendas.
“[Brown’s] research and work have given us a new vocabulary, a way to talk with each other about the ideas and feelings and fears we’ve all had but haven’t quite known how to articulate. . . . [She] empowers us each to be a little more courageous.”—The Huffington Post
I believe you are here because you have a strong to desire to fulfill your own personal potential for success and significance more fully on some level. If you care more about contributing than criticizing, this group will provide excellent teaching as well as afford the opportunity to gain wisdom and a community with other participants.
How it works:
- Register for this mastermind
- We will meet via a teleconference for 60-90 minutes per week
- I will send out a phone number and access code to call in for our meeting. No special software or equipment is needed. Just a phone and maybe headphones 😊
- I will send documents for note taking via e-mail
- It is highly recommended that members obtain the book and allocate time each week to do the reading and worksheets before each meeting.
- I will start each call with some teaching and then facilitate discussion to learn and grow from each other.
- We will have a private FB group that is optional to continue discussions between weekly sessions for the duration of this group
- You should be meeting in a quiet space free from interruption.
- All distractions and electronics should be removed for the duration of the meetings to reap the full benefits of learning, self reflection and goal setting to action.
- Meetings will start and end promptly; however, late arrivals will be allowed to enter the meeting.
- Members should provide prior notification to the teacher/coach/leader if they are unable to attend.
- Meetings should last no less than one hour and should not exceed 90 minutes. This timing has been tested and proven over many years and in many situations. It can become very easy to feel like “we really wanted to talk longer” but this can also leave others who have made the same time commitment feel as if their time is not important.
- Let's get started!